Submission Deadline: 2 March 2021, 11:59 PM ET
The newest DEFENSEWERX Innovation hub, the Cyber Fusion Innovation Center (CFIC), in collaboration with U.S. Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) Technical Warfare Center (TWC), is in search of industry expertise, software integration, analytic development, and data visualization capabilities to allow real-time, near real-time, and historical analysis of publicly available information (PAI) posted on mission-determined social media platforms along with government-owned datasets.
This call is interested in technologies that provide some or all of the following capabilities regarding Publicly Available Information (PAI):
- Data Acquisition and Storage
- Data Structuring, Preparation, and Integration
- Data Analytics
- Data Visualization
The ideal solution would integrate all of the above into one capability with the following characteristics:
- Provide analysts with a single, secure, web-based, intuitive, and user-friendly graphical interface hosted within a government-provided cloud
- Ingest a variety of commercial platform data sources (Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, YouTube, VKontakte (VK), and Reddit among others)
- Application, analytics, and visualizations developed, hosted, and executed within ARCYBER’s Big Data Platform (BDP) known as Gabriel Nimbus (GN) or have the ability to be deployed via docker container within the platform
- Work with PAI stored in GN and other government BDP federated platforms
- Allow historical analysis back one year at a minimum
- Analyze and output timely and actionable information via intuitive graphics, charts, and metrics (e.g., trends, most viral, sentiment, alerts, entity relationships, bad actors, and narratives)
- Allow addition of new data sources and analytical methods
- Incorporate straight-through processing methodologies to provide the ability to integrate DoD approved analytics modules from other developers and labs and display results within the GUI
- Sourced PAI and data processed results will be Government-owned. Government Purpose rights may be considered
While the ideal solution is preferred, capabilities that address individual components will be considered. Partnerships among potential solution providers resulting in complete solutions are highly encouraged.
What is an Assessment Event (AE)?
ARCYBER submits specific problems to solve and CFIC utilizes its ecosystem and market research to attract best-of-breed submissions to solve the problem. ARCYBER subsequently reviews and selects participants with the highest value to present and/or demonstrate their capability in a one-on-one session with Government Stakeholders.
Phase 1 – 03 February 2021 to 02 March 2021 Submission Open: Interested respondents who could potentially provide solutions that meet the needs of the Stakeholders are encouraged to submit their solutions per the instructions below NLT 02 March, 11:59 PM ET.
- Phase 1b – 18 February 2021 Q&A Telecon: Interested offerors may participate in a virtual Q&A session to better understand the intent of the event by CFIC and ARCYBER. The telecon will take place at 2-3 PM ET on 18 February 2021. Click Here to RSVP (NLT 12 February 2021)
- Phase 2 – 03 March 2021 to 24 March 2021 Down-selects: ARCYBER will down-select those respondents/submissions they feel have the highest potential to satisfy their capability needs. Companies with favorably evaluated submissions will receive an invitation to the Assessment Event (Phase 3) o/a 26 March.
- Phase 3 – 27 April 2021 to 29 April 2021 Assessment Event (AE): During the AE, invited participants will be allotted a one-on-one session with the Government evaluation panel to pitch, demonstrate, and/or discuss their solutions. The forum will include a Q&A portion and discussions may continue outside of the event to determine who (if anyone) proceeds to Phase 4 follow-on efforts.
- Phase 4 – Follow-On: The Government has several acquisition/contract vehicles (i.e., various IDIQ contracts, purchase orders, etc.) to potentially purchase the final system if operationally viable. The Government may elect to purchase all, some, and/or none of the PAI Analytics Tool solutions from Phase 3 for further projects.
How You Can Participate
Additional details can be found in the Vulcan Call HERE.
Submissions are due NLT 02 March 2021, 11:59 PM ET)
An award under 10 U. S. Code, Section 2371b may result in award of a follow-on production in accordance with 10.U.S.C. 2371(f). Upon a determination that the competitively awarded prototype project(s) have been successfully completed, and subject to the availability of funds, the prototype project(s) may result in the award of a follow-on production contract or transaction without the use of competitive procedures. Such awards may include multiple phases.
Non‐Government advisors may be used in the evaluation of submissions and will have signed Non‐Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) with the Government. The Government understands the information provided in this announcement is presented in confidence and may contain trade secret or commercial or financial information and agrees to protect such information from unauthorized disclosure to the maximum extent permitted and as required by law. An Organization’s participation in any part of the selection process under this announcement indicates concurrence with the aforementioned use of contractor support personnel.